Crisp Rieslings. Smooth lagers. Perfect pilsners. There’s much to toast on an Avalon Active & Discovery cruise along the Moselle. Starting with the number of interactive ways cruisers, choosers and doers can experience the joys of Luxembourg and Germany.
Our vast selection of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions lets you decide how to conquer the castles and venture through the villages that beckon from the banks. Pair a wine tasting with a hike, pedal back in time on a bike, or immerse yourself in the magic of the Moselle with a number of moving experiences. Behind the scenes visits to the botanic gardens, biergartens, and lush vineyards along the Moselle will equally set your heart in motion.
Enjoy a little get-up-and-go on your cruising holiday when you:
- Hike up to the 13th-century Landshut Castle and enjoy a guided tour of the castle with guides in historical costume. Enjoy the twists and turns of Cochem’s history on a leisurely bike ride along the Moselle.
- Take an open-air cable car ride to Rüdesheim’s Niederwald Monument and stroll back through rolling vineyards.
And be Moved.
Get off the beaten path and relish the world when you:
- Visit one of the oldest mustard mills and taste the secret recipe that’s been spicing things up for more than 200 years.
- Have a barrel of fun as you enjoy a tour and tasting at a famous Koblenz brewery.
- Stop and smell the roses on a botanical journey through Frankfurt’s lush Palmengarten.
Plus, Classic sightseeing is always available in every port along the way.
Activate your senses and discover a world of wonder in all-new, entirely “you” ways on your personal, passion-packed cruise along the Moselle.