It is almost time to travel! As you are travelling during the time of COVID-19, we wanted to help prepare you for your upcoming departure with some helpful information:
- In some destinations, based on local guidelines, masks may still be required for public transportation, indoors and/or public venues. For those cases, plan to travel with your own supply of masks. We recommend a N95 (FFP2), as some countries require this specific mask.
- Plan to bring a supply of hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes. We’ll provide these on the ship, but it’s also important that you carry a supply with you throughout your trip.
For guests on departures March 1, 2023 (and after), the vaccination requirement detailed below does not apply as full vaccination against COVID-19 will not be required for travel with the Globus family of brands after this date. Please note, vaccine requirements may vary by country and you are responsible to meet local and airline conditions of travel, if applicable. These may include specific vaccination/booster requirements for travel, as well as accessing restaurants and local venues.
Note that no refunds will be given for guests unable to undertake all or some of their holiday due to failure to comply with these requirements.
For guests on departures before March 1, 2023 the following conditions still apply.
- As part of our pre-trip health screening, your Tour Director will be asking you to review and acknowledge the health screening provided below prior to embarkation.
ALL GUESTS ACKNOWLEDGE:
You must provide proof of the below prior to joining:
- Avalon Waterways follows local regulations regarding facial coverings and currently they are not required in most of our destinations. Your Cruise Director and Crew will provide details when masks are required. We ask that guests bring their own approved N95 (FFP2) masks but we will also have some on hand.
- Your temperature may be taken as part of our screening process and may be taken as part of the screening process at venues you visit during your cruise.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- You have assessed yourself for COVID-19-related symptoms, and have experienced none of the following in the last 10 days:
- Known temperature of 38 C/100.4 F or higher
- Cough (excludes symptoms from a pre-existing condition)
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing (excludes symptoms from a pre-existing condition)
- Muscle pain (unrelated to a specific activity or incident)
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea, vomiting and/or nausea
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- You have not been denied boarding by an airline due to COVID-19 exposure in the last 10 days.
We are committed to your health and well-being throughout your time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming trip and throughout your journey on a safe and enriching travel experience.
If you do not meet these criteria, we ask that you contact us to discuss your options prior to departure.
13 September 2022